Dorset County Council evaluated Just Checking as an assessment tool, in ensuring value for money was being achieved in Learning Disability services.
Key findings from the twelve assessments, one year on, were conclusive:
- Savings of almost £140,000 and avoidances of £77,500, as well as potential further savings of £149,000.
- Improved quality of care
- Increased creative use of allocated support hours
- Reduced package costs, through support reduction or change in the way support was provided
- Evidence based practice in risk assessment
- Where care needs increased, care could be provided at the minimum level in response to the risk evidence provided through Just Checking
- Supported adult safeguarding investigations
- Encouraged a more collaborative relationship with care providers
View the paper Just Checking LD Dorset 1 Yr